Industrial Fabrication and Installation
GSM provide a complete design, specification and specialist manufacturing resource for Builders, Manufacturers, Architects, Engineers and Local Authorities, fabricated in-house and/or on-site as required.
We operate an extensive range of cutting, welding, bending and forming machines on-site at our Bradford factory, and GSM can cut, bend and form stainless steel, aluminium, mild steel and plastics, and our 4-kw Amada Laser cutter gives us the facility to cut up to 1.5 metres wide and 3.0 metres in length and up to 10mm thickness. Our CNC Press Brakes provide a capacity which extends from 50 tonnes at 2.0 metres wide to 170 tonnes at 4.0 metres wide, making easy work of the biggest jobs, and our in-house Powder-coating facility completes all required finishing and coating.
We have over 1,100 square metres of workshop space available, so whether you need a large volume production run or just some extra help and a quick turn around to stay on schedule, call us – we’re accommodating and flexible, with the experience, skills and service to match.
Site Fabrication projects have included:
- Halifax Bus Station: GSM were involved with the main Contractors to design and manufacture steel framework and glazing systems from A stand all the way round to Stand E at Halifax Bus Station, and also rebuilt large damaged areas on Stand C.
- The Sky TV Building: GSM designed, manufactured and installed 12 bespoke Heat Deflecting Cylinders in galvanised steel, after first removing the solid metal sheet flooring which was replaced with galvanised open-grid flooring.
- Bradford City Park Project: GSM manufactured from architect drawings the large glass screen Bus Shelter on Hall Ings , and also designed specialist Fixing Brackets for the Main Contractor. Whilst on site on the same project, GSM also installed the specified Street Furniture, i.e. Seating, Litter Bins and Cycle Racks, and also built the steel framework for inside the large Retaining Wall.
- Clear Channel: GSM removed and repaired Bus Shelters, and also installed and refurbished Advertisement Panels.
- Lancashire Council: GSM assembled and installed Poster Cases for Shelters, and also replaced glass lower panels with mild powder coated steel and perforated stainless steel panels.